07 Mar 6 Truths About Losing Weight as a Couple
When it comes to losing weight, nothing holds you as accountable as having a partner to support you along the way. For many people today, that partner is their significant other. Losing weight as a couple is a great approach that works for many individuals. However, there are a few truths that anyone who has tried this weight-loss approach before can vouch for.
Here are six truths about losing weight as a couple that can help prepare you for the journey ahead.
1. An In-House Support System Can Be Your Best Friend– Most people know that support from others is an essential component to losing weight. In fact, there are even people whose jobs are to be accountability coaches and hold others accountable for their decisions. With your spouse as your partner, you have an around-the-clock, in-house support system and the help of someone who really wants to see you succeed.
2. It Puts Your Relationship as a Priority– When you and your spouse are working hard together towards something, it helps put your relationship back in focus, perhaps in a way that it hasn’t been before. Don’t be surprised if you get closer to your spouse as you head out on this journey together.
3. You’ll Find New Things You Enjoy– As you work to build healthier habits together with your spouse, you may be surprised to find that you develop new hobbies and healthy habits that you enjoy. Whether it is making each other a healthy breakfast, hiking or going to the gym together, it is a new way to try new things as a couple.
4. It Can Get a Little Competitive…In a Good Way- As you and your spouse start dropping the pounds, don’t be surprised if your competitive juices start kicking in. Whether you compete to see who can lose more weight or if your competitive nature convinces you to not skip the gym-those competitive juices can really help make a difference.
5. Losing Weight Together May Be Easier Than You Think– You might expect a weight-loss effort with your significant other to be something stressful, or that you will be at each other’s throats. However, most couples who decide to make these big lifestyle changes together, find it is the opposite. Most couples agree they actually get along better.
6. It May Change Your Life Forever– Once you and your spouse start making these big, positive lifestyle changes, don’t be surprised if you start seeing some major changes in your health and your life. Weight loss can help with vitality, heart issues, diabetes, joint pain and everything in between. It can also have an impact on your children and the family around you. These changes can make a lasting, permanent impact and change your life for the better.
If you are looking for more tips like this on your personal weight loss journey, or if you have questions on how healthy weight loss can impact your health and your life, visit the experts at Continuum Internal Medicine today by giving us a call at 817-617-8650.